Saturday, June 22, 2024

Spoonfuls


Sammiscribbles – #369 ~ Weekend WritingPrompt

Prompt - Spoonful – 33 words

_________________

Two efforts this time. The choice was Poetry or Prose, 33 words exactly. My goal was some poetry. Not sure how that went, but I am happy with my effort. Haven't attempted Poetry for quite awhile.

#1 - Spoonful of Courage 

Let me find a spoonful of courage,

A thimble of audacity

To lift my cowardly heart,

Stiffen my spine.

Face my demons up on two legs

Not down on weak and frightened knees

_______________________________

#2 – Bitter Spoonful

A bitter spoonful of hate and discontent

Can ruin the best of times

Lay low the best of intentions

Destroy great nations

Before anyone has a chance

To understand exactly what it meant


This was my first participation in "Weekend Writing Prompt". 

Keep it "tween the ditches ..............................

___________________________

Thought I would add an appropriate tune if for no other reason its title is "Spoonful". Performed by Cream of many years ago. Enjoy. This a live version off their "Wheels of Fire" album.