Saturday, June 8, 2024

Finally Free

 

“Jeezum Martha, “What the Hell happened?”

Sheriff Wilkins bent closer to the body covered in small blisters

Martha stood rigid, her legs apart, hands on her hips and rolled her eyes.

“I ain’t never been no lady of refined ways, but that don’t give him no right to treat me like a farm animal……. It was time I set myself free. I killed the sumbitch, that’s what I did.”

“Caleb was indeed a mean one alright. But what did you do?”

“ Fed him a horse nettle salad. Didn’t work, so I pulled down the ten gauge and made sure.”

_____________________________

“Finally Free” – Prediction Challenge for Fri. 6/7/2024 - posted 6/5

Three word prompt - Free, nettle, refine - Max - 100 words
_________________________

3 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

MRMacrum said...

Rajani Rhehana - Well thank you. I have just recently dusted it off and plan once again to add more to it.