Friday, June 21, 2024

Dead Livestock - "Finally Free" Serial

“Finally Free - #3”  -  Prediction Challenge for Fri. 6/21/2024

Prompts - drive embrace, omen -100 words

_____________________

Dead Livestock

The Sheriff sat back and sighed. He hated paperwork. He didn’t have to embrace it, but he had to get it done. Until the paperwork was finished and filed or passed along, he couldn’t relax. Finally, he could kickback.

The phone rang.

“Sheriff Wilkins.”

“Wilky, you gotta come….

“Sam, calm yourself, …. If I drive down there and it’s another ………

“No false alarm Wilky… Promise. ….I told you it were a bad omen not tossing Martha in jail.”

“Why, what’s she done now?”

“She’s gone plumb crazy. She’s … she’s killin my livestock.”

“With what? I took her shotgun.”

____________________________

Adding music to my posts over on "Lost in the BoZone" has become a nice addition for me. I often spend an hour or more cruising YouTube looking for music I might fit with the piece I wanted to post. Since I began to regularly include the music, I have discovered worthy new music at a rate I never imagined before.

So I will try to include a tune or two with the writing I post here in "BoZone Too". I thought a tune from a Brit with real talent might be a good first choice. Here is Ren with  "Violet's Tale". Ren got his start as a busker on th estreets of London, Liverpool, maybe others. His band, The Big Push were amazing. At some point around 2010 I think, Ren developed an auto immune problem and was hospitalized which also messed with his head. He persevered, overcame his medical issues enough to begin producing music again, only under his own name. The man is quite the wordsmith also.

No comments: