Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Jack Top - #2 - Say Goodbye

"Say Goodbye" - 250words
(from the defunct site, Flash Fiction Friday - Starter sentence - "What do you see when you close your eyes?")

"What do you see when you close your eyes".

Zip was not even thinking about closing his eyes. Not with that knife in Jack Top’s hand pressed so hard an inch or two under his left ear.  Jack Top grabbed his hair and roughly tilted his head back. "I said, what do you see when you close your eyes?"

Zip knelt whimpering and losing control of his bladder. He looked up into Jack Top's eyes.  He had always been slow on the uptake. It took him a second, but he closed his eyes. Some seconds later they fluttered open. "Uh, nothing Jack. Don’t see a thing. Black I guess. Why?" Piss began to soak through his pants and into the carpet.

Jack Top closed his eyes. His free hand gripped Zip’s hair so hard he could feel some of it coming loose at the roots. “I tell you what Zip. When I close my eyes, I see red. Beautiful red everywhere. Nothin but red.” Jack Top then sliced the poor bastard's throat open from ear to ear.

Jack stood staring down at the wet red gash he had created under Zip’s chin. He watched the gushing blood drain the life out of his eyes. A look of serenity and calm came over J T’s face. He sighed and closed his eyes again. His knife fell to the floor.

Rivet Head whispered, “If he ever asks me that, what do I say?”

Axel looked at him and said, “You say goodbye.”
_______________________________________

No comments: